Friggen optical mice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cheap opticle mouse that came with a pc (NEC), and when I use mouse mat (blue and white school one lol,) it jerkes all over the place, but with out it it is fine (on a wooden table, different shades of brown from the grain.)

Counter-Strike said:
Mine does that, I have a Microsoft Intelli Optical Mouse, and in CS, sometimes is spazzes, and people think I speed hack :(
Only if you hit anyone while doing it would there be a problem.

HiM, try getting a mosue with a holographic optical sensor (logitech sells some). They don't just aim a laser down at the surface, they actually shine several beams down in a pattern. It's much harder for the surface to trick the mouse, and they track much easier.

ShoobieRat said:
Only if you hit anyone while doing it would there be a problem.

HiM, try getting a mosue with a holographic optical sensor (logitech sells some). They don't just aim a laser down at the surface, they actually shine several beams down in a pattern. It's much harder for the surface to trick the mouse, and they track much easier.

Is that the one with the three lasers? I may or may not have that one at home. I forget what the name of it is, but it's a nice black Logitech USB mouse. Has Forward and Back buttons on either side, and a little round button on the top of it that I cant seem to figure out what it does. My mouse here does it, but at home i dont have that problem.

CrucialLabs said:
I have a logitech optical mouse and I havn't had that problem but I do know what you mean.

I've had problems with logitec mice, and I don't know why. I have one on my Mandrake machine and it seems to be OK. But under Windows XP and 2000, when it was plugged into the USB port, at boot it wouldn't see the mouse. I had to unplug it and plug it back in. I tried using a PS2 adapter but that didn't work. I can use the PS2 adapter with the Microsoft mice and use regular USB without a problem.

I think Dell's mousepad is slightly reflective, which could screw it up (I hae a glass desk and optical mice go crazy on it. As mentioned, try a new mousepad, or none altogether. Or get a not-suck mouse :)

Snump said:
I've had problems with logitec mice, and I don't know why. I have one on my Mandrake machine and it seems to be OK. But under Windows XP and 2000, when it was plugged into the USB port, at boot it wouldn't see the mouse. I had to unplug it and plug it back in. I tried using a PS2 adapter but that didn't work. I can use the PS2 adapter with the Microsoft mice and use regular USB without a problem.
Make sure you have your BIOS setup to enable USB on boot, otherwise you have to wait for Windows to get around to it later (or jumpstart it by reconnecting it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom