Where do I rat out people who are selling pirated OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes but what happens when every one rats on ppl?
ill tell u a neat fact, we have to build a new jail every month in the US i believe. so now lets say every one tells on ppl... ud atleast have to triple that to 3 a month. where would we come up with the money to house the "crooks" that were just trying to use a computer. now if some one is killing a person tahts different ofcourse but i mean seriously who are they hurting? bill gates? the guy with 40 billion under his belt and is saying i never give to the helpless, i mean cmon

HeddaLora said:
Perhaps more people would be honest and ethical, and quit stealing.:eek:

who stealing from who?

for every successful business, somebody had blood on their hands

ever watched pirates of silicon valley? the story about how bill gates and that guy from apple got where they are, bill was the pirate, he stole what apple created or bought from xerox and licensed it behind thier backs to ibm,nec and others, balman is the smart one at ms, bill didnt actually do much as far as gettin himself rich, he was a calm convicing talker, he programmed i believe thats about it, whats his name at apple and balmer at ms are what made it the way it is now.

if you buy a pc that comes with windows then you bought the full price of windows, the hardware is whats cheaper but its nameless taiwan crap. i bought my copy of windows but i built my own pc, i got namebrand parts for a total of 1500 and if a pc maker did it it wouldve cost more so its not really like your gettn anything for free if you buy a pre built pc..just look at all the crap software and spyware they put in those things, in the past i had hp,compaq,sony..all had been to repair store at least once in a year.

Mario Puzo said it best:

"Behind Every Great Fortune, There Is a Crime"

I don't agree. As I said, I know (well) plenty of successful people who are honest. And because they are honest, they can live with themselves.

Piracy isn't completely bad for Microsoft. If lots of people pirate the OS, then the result will be lots of people running that OS. This helps Microsoft to gain market share and keep their monopoly, and therefore sell more products based on the system and make even more money by keeping everyone using that OS.

I suppose it boils down to the ol' MP3 argument when Napster started to go up in flames.

I also suspect that it will get increasingly difficult to pirate future operating systems from Windows, as copy protection systems advance. Maybe this will make them reduce the price of the operating system in order to maintain their monopoly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom