Friggen optical mice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
At work I use a Dell, with a dell optical mouse. Sometimes when I'm using it, the mouse will randomly jump to the corner of the screen, and I will lose it for a second or so. It's not a problem, just a wicked nuisance. It's does it sometimes, sometimes not. It just happened like twice in the past minute, so thats why I asked. Think it's just a cheap mouse? Maybe has something to do with the mouse pad and darker and lighter areas of it?

Dam, mouse pads are so few and far between. And the ones that I can get, either are the same, or have more multi colored areas! BAH!

EDIT: IT DID IT AGAIN AS i WENT TO PRESS 'SUBMIT'!!! OHHH THE CRUEL IRONY!!!

Mine does that, I have a Microsoft Intelli Optical Mouse, and in CS, sometimes is spazzes, and people think I speed hack :(

I have seen the same thing on my Linux machine but only with Logitech USB mice.
Come to think of it, it may have happened on my WIndows machine with the Logitech mouse. I don't believe it is a colored surface problem.
I have a cow pattern Gateway mousepad and it doesn't spazz over the white and black sections.

I think it does matter, but only with the cheaper mice. I have an optical at home, but, actually, my mouse bad is all black. :p

like I said, it is a dell mouse. Any mouse that is suppled with a mchine is crap IMHO. All the mice that I have ever got with a factory machine (I stopped getting factory machines years ago) have died pretty quick.

Because an optical mouse takes thousands of pictures a second to know how much to move the arrow on screen, it has a difficult time diferentiating the changes for solid color surfaces, like a uniform color desk or table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom