New monitor, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

evade

Beta member
Hi, I am looking to buy a new tft monitor and I was wondering what the best one is on the market at the moment. I want to buy one round about £200 and would preferably not go any higher. I have been looking at several 17" monitors and was wondering what the best one is for quality all round, the best contrast, the best response time etc. at that price. I'd be grateful if you could help me choose one, thanks.

TFT, that is LCD right?

Envision, Viewsonic, sony, they all make great monitors. Really anything by any of those three would be great. dont go with a no name brand, you will be castly dissapointed. If you are looking for excellent refresh rates in games and stuff, stick with a CRT. They are the best type of monitors for gaming and video stuff. LCD's are mainly just space savers right now, and they look cool. Plus if you get a dead pixel on an LCD, you will be ever so pissed off.

Meh, they're alright, I guess there is nothign to complain about.

I forgot Samsung. I have a Samsung Trinitron as my second monitor. My mom, stupidly without talking to me, thought her monitor was dead and immediately went out and bought a new one, while I was gone somewhere. Turns out she had pushed it back too far, and the power cable came out. Typical parents, whatever though, I got a free monitor out of it.

The thing is nasty. EXCELLENT resolutution! If I were a gamer, I'm sure I would bust a nut over the graphics that this thing would show. The refresh rate is pretty high too. I believe it goes to 92hz before it goes out of range. Thats pretty killer, since most monitors cant even push 85hz.

Get a Samsung Trinitron, you will not be dissapointed.

What do you plan to use it for?

200-pounds isn't going to buy you a totally top-end monitor, so yer gonna have to comprimise somewhere.

200 will get you a pretty good monitor. 200 pound is roughly $325, you can get alot with that out here. But imagine 200 pounds being the equivalent of $200, you can still get something pretty decent with that. But, as the Shoob-man said, you will have to make a compromise somewhere. But I think, if you hunt around enough and dont look online, you can find a good deal. I tell you not to look online, because you will end up paying more for shipping than for the monitor itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom