computer wont startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Today when i went to turn on my computer it would not bootup. the fan on the power supply and the case fans are all spinning. so the power supply cant be bad (i also checked it with a power supply tester). i swapped out the ram and still the same problem. i checked the cp and it seems to be in working order. i reset the cmos. any other ideas how to fix the problem

it does not make any nose. the monitor also doenst turn on. I have one of those diagnostic pci cards (which has yet to solve a single problem). on the card the rst (reset) light stays on which should only flash. the manual says to make sure that the reset pin is plugged in properly which it is or to make sure the reset circuit is broken but i dont know what the reset circuit is.

Have you pressed the reset switch on your machine recently, if you have it could be a sticky reset switch (It's stuck in and not releasing).

Drworm2005.

i have tried that i also unplugged the reset switch from the motherboard none of which seem to make a difference

i also noticed that the hard drive light on the front of the computer stays light and the power light does not turn on at all. the cd rom does not have any power

I have also had that problem while O/Cing, (HDD light always on and no power light) all i had to do was reset the CMOS, i know you have already done this but try it again and leave the jumper on for at least a minute also make sure you disconnect the power from the power supply.

Drworm2005.

nope that doesnt do the trick either. more things that i have tried were only having the memory, processsor and power plugged in to make sure it was not some other device causing the problem. also pulled the motherboard out of the tower to make sure it was not being grounded by anything. i am not sure if i mentioned this before but but power button does not shut it off. the only way is to pull the plug in the back. as soon as you plug it back in the fans start spinning again. i also unplugged all the power button, reset button and led plugs and it still spins the fans when you plug it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom