The Imfamous Windows Key

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my machine, WIN+D minimizes all open windows, but winamp (which operates from the system tray) comes up whenever I restore one. And WIN+M minimizes everything but winamp. Oh well. Hope you get a stickie, this thread finnally allowed to banish the explorer button bar forever (my mouse has foward and back, so the only think I ever used the bar for was "Up").

drworm2005 said:
Also in mozilla firefox:

Windows logo + / opens the find toolbar.

Windows logo + F11 Goes to full screen.

Drworm2005.

Just plain old F11 will make either browser go full screen.

Also, for any of you sys admins out there that have locked down boxes, watch out for the Win + U combo. You can get into the Microsoft Narrator help file that has a URL in it. It's an easy way to get around most security denying web access.

Well since you are going to get technical, and windows explorer amd my computer do the same thing, it opens My Computer and NOT Windows explorer. If you'll notice the name on the title bar when you open it, it says My Comptuer and not Windows Explorer.

Dont so blatently trying to pick a fight next time.

ACTUALLY, it DOES open Windows Explorer, if you notice, when you go to Start -> My Computer (without chaning settings) it doesn't give you the side explorer, hence why it's Windows Explorer.

Thanks

-SkyHi

ShoobieRat said:
You must be young and naive. Let me correct that a bit:

THERE IS NO MANUAL FOR WOMEN!!! THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!!

Of course, even if there was a manual, I wouldn't read it. It's much more fun to figure it out as you go, and if she's really interested in you, she'll help you out. :)

touchy aren't we shoobie? i did not say there was. and i didn't say i would read it now did i?
:)

Hmm. I'll have to remember the minimize all command. That can be very useful when leaving the computer for a second.

win key + f1 = help and support center

win key + pause break key = system properties

win key + U = utility manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom