can't get into D: drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohand

In Runtime
It is complex to mention, through, here it goes: my system was using a 40* drive, and during a corruption, i decided to use a slave drive, which is around 6*, to boot into windows, so i can get the things in the 40gb's drive back, but i think i have deleted some file in the 40*'s drive, but it don't seemed obvious at first, just the icon has changed into something like a unknown file(it was originally look like a drive) then, i decided to buy another bigger drive which is 80*, and now installed as primary master and the 40gb switched from a master to a slave, now, when i boot in from the 80gb drive and have no access to that 40* drive, which stored all of my previous files, when i double click on it, it showed me this message:windows cannot find setupSNK.exe. this program is needed for the opening files of type'File'. Type in the executable file to be used instead:. and it prompt me to enter a path for this file. Can anyone please tell me where sould i get this file or how can i use it to get back my old file or if anyway i can get back in to my previous 40gb drive? Thanks in advence!

ofcourse there is!
ok so u got this drive as a back up? and it read its. try this:
right click start -> explore -> locate your D drive and try to see your files from there.

also do you have SP2?

yes! i can locate it now, just by typing the letter from the directory, (now i do have sp2) but even without sp2 i can go in thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom