Airflow direction for radiators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
tecnically that would be best if it were just the radiator... but since there is also a CPU, GPU, HDD, PSU and optical drives also inside the case... due to all those components, case air is always hotter then outside air.

and you wont the coldest air possible to flow threw the radiator first.

Jolancer - he's got to cut the barbs off a stock heatercore, then braze on his own barbs...he could also use Jbweld though like I did...not sure what route he's taking to be honest.

Yan - I got SOME pictures lol :p

This is the difference between 1/2" and 5/8" barbs:

barbs.jpg

This is the goop used to put around the edge of the threads after I screwed it in to make a seal...it's tacky at first and then makes a fairly decent solid like compound kind of like hot glue

goop.jpg

Here's my JB weld job

jbweld.jpg

Plexiglass top that'll go on top of the case under the fans and will be lit up with red LEDs....the text is photoshopped in there for now because I was showing gaara what it'll look like, but today I smoothed out the inside circle edges, and that bottom edge of the plexi, and my friend etched out "Nubiu$" but in cooler looking letters, not blocky like in that photoshop pic. I'll get an updated pic of the top in a couple of days.

plexitop.jpg

Testing the pump and seals of the heatercore. That 120mm is spinning but the shutter speed is fast so it looks like it's off :p

pumprunning.jpg

Aaaaand the whole shibang....dude...the brass tops look SEXAY let me tell you...with the XP I have the plain acetal top, but for AMD64 I have the brass topped TDX and the brass topped MAZE4GPU is just freakin nice dude.

Pic contains:

Pump
TDX
Brass top for TDX
Brass MAZE4 GPU
T-line
Fillerport.
1/2" barbs next to the 5/8" barbs installed
Tygon tubing
And it's also showing the MAZE4 mounting hardware.

setup.jpg

same one weapon uses. 2-302 1977 Pontiac bonneville

I just had to of course mod it myself, but it cost $28 plus like $5 for sheet metal for a shroud, and about another $5 total for barbs so I'm looking at $38 for a heatercore and shroud compared to $88 :p

But his shrouds are really good! My idea for those kinds of components is that it is better to spend more money and buy something better, because you can use it with your next system. That is why I dropped the price on a whole bunch of hardware, but upped things that I can use in my next build!

It is still good looking. Are you going to paint it?

Oh, one more thing, your shroud, where you trying to make it look so badly cut (no offense), for a rugged type of look?

Thanks

Yan Booth

Hey Nubius, can you get some pictures of it actaully in the case? It would help me out a lot!

Oh, one more thing, your shroud, where you trying to make it look so badly cut (no offense), for a rugged type of look?

Thanks
what are you talking about dude, I don't even have a picture of a shroud up there....that plexiglass will be added to the top of the case and I'm pretty sure I put in there "this has been smoothed out since this picture" and that I needed to get an updated picture. Of course that plexi isn't going to be left looking that crappy, and I haven't even made a shroud yet. And when I do it'll still be able to go into other cases.

I don't know if I'm going to paint my heatercore or not yet, it will be hidden after all.

Hey Nubius, can you get some pictures of it actaully in the case? It would help me out a lot!
If I had it in the case I'd have pictures of it. Nothing is mounted to the case yet.

o lol, i didnt know it was an actuall heatercore (was wondering why u were calling it that)

iv never looked for these kinds of parts b4 but was thinking... maybe there are just hose adapters you can buy to fit in a smallersize barb, but outfited with the larger hose slot. so then you wouldnt need to go outa your way cutting/brazing/welding.

if you do paint the heatercore, dont paint the fin's.. that would only hinder heat dissapation.

it only hinders the heat depending on the paint and the amount you use...check weapons heatercores, those are nice solid black but it's a really thin layer, just enough to make it look black and doesn't hinder the heat.

Also you really don't need to 'braze' per se...I just Jb welded it like in a guide I linked to gaara...I'd link it here, but it's on my other comp which is down at the moment.

maybe there are just hose adapters you can buy to fit in a smallersize barb, but outfited with the larger hose slot. so then you wouldnt need to go outa your way cutting/brazing/welding
Well the tubing is 5/8" as is, and technically you COULD just fit the hosing over that and it'd work fine, but I wanted the actual barbs for a better fit and whatnot.

Plus it's fun :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom