xp install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

clamz

Solid State Member
i'm loading windows xp as a clean install on an older hard drive. i deleted the existing partition and about 95% through the install i got the shell32.dll is corrupt blue screen. now it will not go away. can anyone help please!!

tia

clamz

try a format with powermax or something. if that doesn't work... mind if i ask, is your CD legit?

your cd may be used 100 times on the SAME computer. if need be.

Im going to stop this war before it starts...
some ppl say: microsoft is ok with using XP home/pro on UP TO 3 computers.
others say: only one!
others say: many as u want long as they are not running at the same time

i dont care what you want to believe it is up to you :) but anyhow try what i said, if not post back and ill look more into it.

PS
Oh and did you ever get onto ur desktop before u got ur "blue error screen of death?"

didn't think so. ok first you dont have a floppy drive... dont worry about that.
Here is what you do, that is if you have a cd burner. I will give u a link with the file to write the powermax cd if you would like. if not you can try one of these 2 things if ud like to really have some fun..

1. Boot off of your Windows cd. Go to the repair option. type in the directory of the file you need... if you'd like to do this i will try to find it.
"copy E:\windows\blah blah blah i dont know.. itd looks oemthing like that ill help you more if u choose to do it htis way

2. if not download the file, then set your hard drive up as a slave, then copy the file from where u downloaded it to wehre it should go into your "enslaved" hard drive. (if u choose to do that i will help)

I'm running XP Pro on 3 machines as I speak, on the same network using the same key. You might want to check your cd drive too. I could be dirty, clean the cd off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom