Wow, Sweet Cpu!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Found this article and i thought I might share... some of you probably already heard about it...

Two weeks ago, AMD released its dual-core Opteron server chips and announced that we'd soon see dual-core technology brought to the desktop in the form of its Athlon 64 X2 processors. We have tested one of the new chips, and today we can share performance figures. The results are dramatic. AMD's new dual-core Athlon 64 X2 4800+ CPU hands the company a decisive victory over rival Intel; a system from AMD using the X2 4800+ beat an Intel-submitted PC with the Pentium Extreme Edition 840 (PEE 840) on every one of our dual-core benchmarks.

Source: ZDnet

The AMD Athlon 64 X2 was reviewed by Anandtech, Tom's Hardware, and Techwarelabs who had these final words:

Anandtech
Now armed with final silicon, our stance on AMD's Athlon 64 X2 doesn't change at all - AMD clearly has the faster overall dual core desktop solution, but at a price that will be out of reach for most users. Eventually, AMD's pricing will fall to a level that is far more reasonable, but unfortunately, that time won't be until 2006 at the earliest. We've already looked at the slow dual core vs. fast single core debate, but be prepared to be put in that very position later this year as both AMD and Intel bring their dual core CPUs to market at very different price points.

What we did find interesting was that while AMD generally maintains a large performance advantage in single threaded applications, our multitasking scenarios were a mixed bag of results between AMD and Intel. The multitasking gaming tests were obviously very strongly in favor of AMD, but the general usage tests were more mixed between AMD and Intel. In many cases, Intel's Pentium D actually pulled ahead in terms of performance.

Tom's Hardware
After a deep look at all the interesting facets of both dual core technologies, the results are rather disappointing - for Intel.

i got it on torrentspy.com, just scroll down.. they actually have the links to the articles where they got the info.

http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/processorsmemory/0,39024015,39197754,00.htm

these ppl actually have some benchmarks

so at 4800+, AMD again, stomps on intel's face!!
:p

Yeah man, there are tons of threads here already talking about the reviews of the X2. I posted one myself on the day it came out. You are just starting a fanboy thread, please dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom