Hard Drive Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik00014

Baseband Member
One of my hard drives states that it has 186Gb space used when looking at its properties. But when looking at the properties of the folders inside it, apparently only 110Gb have been used.

Is there any way of getting back that space without formatting?

There is no unallocated space on the hard drive. Could there be any files that are hidden even from windows?

Considering in my first message I said I had 110Gb of accesible files on the disk, I would be surprised if the hard drive was only 18.6Gb...

Some files&folders may be hidden. Check folder options to unhide hidden folders/files. Start>settings>control panel>folder options.

TheMajor said:
Some files&folders may be hidden. Check folder options to unhide hidden folders/files. Start>settings>control panel>folder options.

The Major's back. where have you been?

Mik00014

Delete everything in your recycle bin, clean your
temp folder and more sure you delete all but the most recent restore point (this is what is probably taking up most of the space)

whenever you get a chance, backup your data, make 2 partitions (20 for OS, 160 for your data) and make the second one, the my documents folder and turn system restore off of the second partition.

copy your data and music to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom