Ppllzz Help Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUCEG

Baseband Member
OK i have a problem...(im on my mom's comp now) wehn i turn on my cmp the black screen that comes up when u first turn on ur comp the detects ur hard drive and all that stuff cd burner etc...well its detecting everything just fine but after it detects everything it says under all ur stuff it detected it says:

Floppy Disc(s) Fail (40)

and beacuse of that my comp wont go past that screen it just sits there....the thing is...i dont have a floppy drive on my computer at all...so i dont why it is doing that

Go into you BIOS and,

A)Disable your floppy drive.
B)Set your floppy drive to be the lowest in the boot priority list.

Cause:

This issue can be caused by any of the following possibilities:

Floppy cable not connected properly
Bad floppy cable
Bad Floppy drive - I/O

Verify that the floppy disk drive cable is properly connected. See document CH000277 for additional help and information about connecting the floppy drive as well as setting it up properly.

If the floppy disk drive light stays on and does not shut off see document CH000278.

Bad floppy cable

If the floppy disk drive appears to be setup properly and the light is not always on, it is possible that the floppy drive cable may be bad. We recommend you visit a local computer hardware store and purchase a new cable.

Bad Floppy drive - I/O

If the issue persists, unfortunately it is likely that either the floppy drive is bad or the I/O board or Motherboard is bad. We recommend you contact the computer manufacturer, have the computer serviced or that you replace the floppy drive then the motherboard if the issue persists.

Warez Monster said:
Cause:

This issue can be caused by any of the following possibilities:

Bad floppy cable
Bad Floppy drive - I/O

Verify that the floppy disk drive cable is properly connected. See document CH000277 for additional help and information about connecting the floppy drive as well as setting it up properly.

If the floppy disk drive light stays on and does not shut off see document CH000278.

Bad floppy cable

If the floppy disk drive appears to be setup properly and the light is not always on, it is possible that the floppy drive cable may be bad. We recommend you visit a local computer hardware store and purchase a new cable.

Bad Floppy drive - I/O

If the issue persists, unfortunately it is likely that either the floppy drive is bad or the I/O board or Motherboard is bad. We recommend you contact the computer manufacturer, have the computer serviced or that you replace the floppy drive then the motherboard if the issue persists.

If he had a floppy drive in the first place, then these might be some fixes;)

I thought he might not use it...
anyhow i think there is another option under floppy seek, is there? if so id disable it if it has to do with floppies. as i recall i had this problem as well and i had to disable both?

PS
couldn't u hit the boot option and just hit hard drive? and it should have booted up from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom