computer screen problems or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's funny that you said all of that cause I just finished defrag and deleting everything uping my memory for the internet and yes I do have 256mb, now it is doing a new thing not only does it freeze then turn black and then come back on with messed up information it is now shutting the computer, I have to turn it off and back on by the switch on the back and then turning it back on in the front.... this was on my yahoo news ...A pair of unpatched vulnerabilities in Mozilla's Firefox Web browser -- rated as "extremely critical" by one security firm -- could allow an attacker to take control of a PC simply by getting a user to visit a malicious Web site, Mozilla said Sunday.... still think I should try it?

Yeah, try it.

The "vulnerabilities" that everyone harps about are extremely rare, and overly complicated.

Have you nixed all of the programs running in the background? You may be having a resource conflict. Click Start, Run, type in "MSCONFIG", click the Startup tab, uncheck everything except your anti-virus, firewall, and absolute neccessities (like broadband drivers), click Apply, Reboot.

I know it sounds like I'm taking you around the far side of the moon, but fixing a problem like this in this manner is pretty hard. If I had your computer in front of me, it'd probably take about 30 minutes.

Ok did that and now have a system configuration utility window telling me to choose the normal startup mode because I am now in diagnostic or selective startup mode..

Go back to MSCONFIG. On the General tab (the first one), choose Selective Startup, and uncheck the Process SYSTEM.INI file. Then tell it OK, and let it reboot.

After it reboots, you'll get a gray box that tells you that you have used the system configuration utility. Just check the do not show/do not run box and click OK.

Let me know if Firefox fixed the problem.

If it did, you may need to reinstall Internet Explorer.

It doesn't happen on the internet now,,,, but it is starting to happen in other programs... windows media,,, trying to copy some music.. it kept shutting down, then my daughter using powerpoint, started to black out then come back on... something is either dying or do you think that I might have a viruse or something, my spy ware sayes no, my mcafee security says no... I just don't know... now the keyboard is starting to mess up, I have to shut down the system reboot and it works again.... ghost? and gobblins?

Thanks for all of your help

and yes I really am a clown...

It doesn't happen on the internet now,,,, but it is starting to happen in other programs... windows media,,, trying to copy some music.. it kept shutting down, then my daughter using powerpoint, started to black out then come back on... something is either dying or do you think that I might have a viruse or something, my spy ware sayes no, my mcafee security says no... I just don't know... now the keyboard is starting to mess up, I have to shut down the system reboot and it works again.... ghost? and gobblins?

Thanks for all of your help

and yes I really am a clown...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom