are these good timings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
about to overclock and im wondering if these look like good timings for overclocking. (file attatched)

tell me if anything is wrong or if u would reccomend changing them up a little. setup below.

my main goal is to get the CPU speed up but i may try and get my RAM oc'd a little bit also.

Attachments

• ram.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 38
have you changed those timings or are they stock?

Because if that's stock that looks more or less like valueRAM timings.....wonder why the RAS# Precharge is greyed out for you though.

If that's it's stock timings I wouldn't expect to OC too high with them, but I'm sure they'll go a little

those are the timings after i messed around with them a little. i was wondering the same thing... why the RAS# Precharge is greyed out... i think the stock timings are something like *EDIT* 2-2-2-5 *EDIT* or something similiar? its nice RAM so i think i should be able to OC pretty well. just wondering if that sounds like ok timings to OC with?

oh and by the way, i meant to set the timings to 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 7. is that what the timings are?

well CPU-Z is showing it weird like your timings are 2.5-3-x-3

or if anything else I might guess like 2.5-3-3-12 or something, but that bank cycle time should have nothing to do with the cycle time (Tras) I don't know, that greyed out part is weird.

I think the OCZ plats should be 2-2-2-5 timings, in which you'll be able to OC them pretty good but of course not as far as the platinum rev2's

Just knock up the voltage and see how far they'll go under current timings I suppose

i have the rev 2's. i always forget to change my sig though gosh darnit lol. ill do that now lol

With that RAM you should be able to go quite a ways. I would try to see how far you can get keeping a 1:1 ratio myself. You will probably want to play with the timings as you go.

well if it's rev2's it should be able to hit approx 275MHz with 2.5-3-3-7 timings and 2.9v

no guarantee but it should be around that

ok so if i want 2.5 -3 - 3 - 7 timings what should i put in my mobo bios cuz it apparently diddnt work last time i tried.

here are what it asks for

command per clock: (enable or disable or auto)
CAS Latency Control:
RAS# to CAS# Delay:
Min RAS# Active Time:
Row Precharge Time:
Row Cycle Time:
Row Refresh Cycle Time:

there are more if u think i need to do anything else but those are the ones i need to know what to do with. right now they are all on auto.

ok i think i know what to do....

Number 1: CAS# Latency control

Number 2: RAS# to CAS# Delay

Number 3: Row Precharge Time

Number 4: Min RAS# Active Time

----------------

then i am thinkin i should enable Command Per Clock right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom