Cooling using oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they arnt the same? Just kidding! It would suck if a something sliped out, imagine having to try to put it all back in.

-Ryan

Whats sucks is that he can probably never use those parts in any other system. I mean i'm sure it would be possible but gross!

Whatever, did you see his specs? He's got a 350. 350!!! I'm sure he got the crapiest components he could to ubilt that machine, since it was an experiment. Seriously, would you trust that to your main machine?

Seen this quite a few times, not this exact one, but a comp in an inert fluid that won't conduct.

Doesn't necessarily aid in cooling all that much but it sure is a trip just to see a comp running in liquid

ahhhhhh...smart thinkin...i huess makybe u can have a few fans in there to keep the air movin preventing condensation from takin place...just a thought..(lol)

fans would do nothing....it's air that is below the ambient temp = condensation.....so it's going to happen no matter what inside a fridge.

You CAN however take the compressor from a fridge or small AC unit and use it to make your own chiller for an active water cooling loop.

I heard somewhere that mineral oil would work? I have no idea, as I am not too familliar with the water cooling systems and such.

The pages wouldn't load for me either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom