Pchealth Argh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencow_555

Baseband Member
I dont know where it came from, it appears to be authentic from what I found on google. But it is seriously doing my head in. My computer is running perfectly, and when I am playing games online everything is spot on, until PCHEALTH inteferes by minimising my game, which take a while anyway, and telling me some crap about my computer not running a full capacity.

The only problem I have with my machine is pchealth continously interrupting my games to tell me I have a problem.

There isn't any obvious way to remove pchealth or shut it down

can anyone help?

Thanks muchly

Gaz.

windows xp
amd athlon64 3200

No, I should have said. Its not on the add/remove programs list, nor does it get detected by adware programs probably because its a microsoft program. I even get a little flashing icon on the tray at the bottom right of the screen, but I can't select anything from it, nor does it show a name if you hold the mouse over it.

Its really annoying and nothing I've found on google is very useful.

ARGH: it just went again,hahah.

Anyway, thats doesn't seem to be an option. Thanks for the quick reply tho.

Gaz.

PCHealth is the comprehensive suite of components that are included in Windows Me that are designed to improve and/or enhance your computing experience.

PCHealth includes the following components:
Help and Support
Help and Support is designed to be a centralized location for the core Windows Help files, troubleshooters, tours and tutorials, and online assisted support. If you purchase your computer with Windows Me preinstalled on your computer, you may find system-specific topics from your hardware vendor located within the Help and Support component.

To use Help and Support, click Start, and then click Help.
Online Assisted Support
Online Assisted Support provides a centralized location to obtain electronic support from Microsoft Technical Support Professionals. Additionally, if you are running your computer with a preinstalled version of Windows Me, you may be able to click a link to submit an electronic support incident directly to your hardware vendor.

To use Online Assisted Support, click Start, point to Help, and then click the Assisted Support link.
System Restore
You can use the System Restore component to roll your system back to a point in time in the event that the installation of software or drivers causes instabilities in the operating system. When you run System Restore to roll your computer back and then restart, your computer reverts back to the point in time before the software or drivers were installed.

To start System Restore, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

For additional information about System Restore, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
267951 Description of the System Restore Utility in Windows Millennium Edition
System File Protection
The System File Protection component in Windows Me prevents core files from being overwritten or deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom