First Boot...is it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerfootball05

In Runtime
OK so i got everything i needed to finish my computer yesterday and installed everything. IO wasn't sure if i should turn it on yet with my 20 pin psu when my mobo needs a 24 pin but later on (with help from you guys) i decided to give it a go. I turned it on without a monitor b/c i didn't have time to plug it in before i left but the system sounded like it was booting and working and then it made a short BEEP. Does that mean its working? Thanks for the help.

P.S. if you want to teach me how to set up BIOS and install Windows i would appreciate it. PM me or just post here. Thanks.

Most BIOS's beep once for a boot

You install XP by sticking the CD in and following the dummy instructions

sweet! I think i'll start her up tonight and run BIOS and everything. then i'll install drivers and stuff maybe this weekend if i have time.

P.S. if you want to teach me how to set up BIOS and install Windows i would appreciate it. PM me or just post here. Thanks.

The BIOS settings are usually fine when you first set up a computer. The only thing I would check is the temperatures to make sure that the HS&F were seated properly with the thermal paste.

To install Windows, just boot off of the Windows CD, the rest is pretty self explanitory.

OK Bios is up and my CPU is running at 75 degrees celcius....is that bad?

OK just kidding. My CPU and case are both at 39 C. To install windows XP all i have to do is set BIOS to boot from CD and then restard with windows disc in there?

P.S. How long does it take to load windows XP, b/c i only have a few minutes before frisbee golf :)

youre gonna have to format your hard drive which will take a while and then you need to do some regional settings and stuff. all together it takes about an hour, maybe longer. you can leave while it formats just because its real boring lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom