Cooling using oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest using anti freeze instead of any oil.
first, it isn't conductive, second, it moves easier, third, dissapates heat easier.
You could use a radiator from a watercooling set up. would seem a little more practical to me.
Besides, it would be green instead of brown. You could put a UV light in the tank, and you would have one hell of a glowing box!

Antifreeze might not be conductive, but when it is channeled through the computer it starts to pick up sediment and things. Little flakes of metal here, some dirt there, eventually making it conductive. Same thing goes with distilled water, which is why you cant have a computer floating in a vat of it.

Water conducts heat better then oil, oil resists more heat. Hentz why they use water and anti-freeze instead of oil. Its a cool looking idea though, oil! I would have never thought.

-Ryan

What about Ale? Not beer, beer is gross warm. But when you need to switch the coolant, you could drink the nice warm ale and then refill it while your nice and wasted!

Cooking oil resists heat, but motor oil absorbs it.

Either way, why care if it's conductive or not? The whole system's enclosed away from any circuits, so why worry about it? They actually have liquid-metal cooling units.

What do you mean the whole system is enclosed away from any circuits? The mobo ispretty much just one big circuit.

Do you think you could link a liquid metal cooling unit? I would like to see one of those.

Peanut Oil and Vegetable Oil are pretty much one in the same. Just made with different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom