rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello
I am getting these popups which go

"alert
the document contains no data"

what does thie mean?

A firefox page said that, eh?
What kind of internet do you have? If it is dial up, it could be causing the problem. It might also be that your IP address is blocked from viewing that page. Last, does this proble happen alot? Or just when u visit a certain site?

i use a proprietary wireless adsl like format. will switch to the real adsl in a few months

it does not happen a lot. just every now and then

i think it ws happening on several sites

i also have experienced this on several sites, ex hotmail, cnn, bbc

i think it is something to do with the speed of your connection, i may be wrong.

Your browser displays "The document contains no data" error message? This article contains possible solutions to this problem.

Make sure your firewall or antivirus software aren't blocking Firefox from accessing the web.
This may be because of your proxy server, try disabling it if you can.
This could be due to a problem with the cache. Clear your cache:
Firefox: "Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cache".
Mozilla Suite: "Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Cache".
Software known to cause problems:
Peer Guardian, try switching it off or use an alternative product.
Older versions of Panda Antivirus may be causing this. This is how to fix it (http://www.pandasoftware.com/suppor...idNecesitoAyuda=&idDeseo=&id=20508&IdIdioma=2).
If you are still experiencing problems, check that you can access the website in other browsers. If you can't, it's probably a server problem.
If this happens occasionally and you just want to get rid of annoying popup, turn on error pages (details in the link below).

To stop this pop-up message, and display the error on the page itself:
a. Type about:config in the location bar
b. Look for the line browser.xul.error_pages.enabled
c. Change its value to true

If this message appears always, make sure your firewall isn't blocking Firefox from accessing the internet.

If this happens occasionally:
To prevent the annoying pop-up from appearing follow the instructions at the top of this post.

Older versions of the Panda Antivirus often cause this problem; read how to fix.

Peer Guardian might be the problem; remove it and use an alternative product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom