voodoo Oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf5460

Fully Optimized
I have a couple of questions/concerns I overclocked my voodoo 5500 to 220Mhz the stock is 166. First I heard these cards can only reach 190Mhz why 220 for me? Next It is 64mb but under properties, settings,advanced,adapters. it says 32mb. So is it only reading the first GPU because 32mb is allocated to each processor so is that why I says 32mb insead of 64mb. Also I am not using the original drivers I am using voodoo overclocker 1.2.

install the original drivers first w/ 3dfx tools then install a 3rd party OCer. w/ 3dfx tools it will detect both gpus and all of the ram and you wont beable to oc over 190. BTW do you have stock cooling on those chips?

odd enough things do run less choppy on certain games.That is odd since i am using one gpu at the moment.

hmm ok, have you looked for any drivers that where written for XP? i think i can find some for oyu casue i have a 5500 as well and have some XP drivers. But the OC prgram should be third party.

i searched on google and ran across an old ariticle about the 5500 it's original drivers can overclock it.

yea thast what i was saying. the original 3dfx tools can OC it and has it built in. but they dont support windows XP (or the other way around). so oyu gotta make do w/ some XP drivers and a 3rd party OCer that will detect both GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom