I have a problem, kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankhead02

In Runtime
NEED HELP BADLY

Well, I need help on my PC because everytime I will leave it idle, it will go into Stand by mode which isnt a problem, but lately it has been going to standby or idle or whatever and it has been losing the internet connection to anything I have running through the internet like, AIM, AOL, Online Radio, FTP server, and whatever. How do I stop the intertnet connection from being stopped. I tried stopping it from going into standby and I tihnk it did, but it didn't stop the internet.

To disable power saving devices right click on your desktop, select Properties, select Screen Saver, and select Power... at the bottom part of the panel. Change all the options to never to prevent your computer from going idle. There's usually an option for dial up users to maintain the connection for a certain amount of time. Check your settings to make sure it doesn't automatically disconnect after a certain amount of time. You can also set it to connect automatically. In my past experience I've also known my phone to cut off the internet connect, even if I just powered the phone on and didn't press any numbers.

But I'm on a high speed internet connection and the connection breaking up is not the problem. Do you know of any programs that can be doing this? I did wat u told me, but it didn't work.

Run your anti Spyware apps (Adaware, Spybot, etc) You might also want to scan your hard drive for viruses using your anti virus app. If you donÂ’t have one you can download AVG for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom