Be worried about these temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am aware of it. I plan on putting the air on soon. The processor will protect itself. You know what E0 stepping is? I doubt it would damage my other parts unless it catches on fire lol(that would suck).

algu7344 said:
I am aware of it. I plan on putting the air on soon. The processor will protect itself. You know what E0 stepping is? I doubt it would damage my other parts unless it catches on fire lol(that would suck).

LOL, E0 stepping won't keep your cpu/system from overheating.
And, if you want to run your system that close to failure temperatures, it's your own business.. just trying to offer advice.

Personally, those temps would keep me from sleeping at night, though.

I know it wont, I am saying that my processor hits 75" more often and that the E0 stepping will drastically lower the clock speed. So underclocking isnt really necessary. I assume you read my post wrong....

Reading your first post, there is no reason you should be running that hot, even with a presshot, and even in a warm room. Something is wrong.

Try reinstalling the HSF with some AS5. I would guess that it never got seated right in the first place.

Alright I will go ahead and try to reseat it with new AS5. But it was fine temps before, but ever since it started getting hot, these temps started appearing.

Did you move the computer before you go the bad temps? Soemtimes big-a** heatsinks can unseat themselves during transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom