Fan Controller Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
As I have found, people here are not short on suggestions ;) , so I thought I would ask for them. I am looking into getting a fan controller. I have started the research, but not completely sure what features to look for. I have 4 case fans, CPU, PSU and GPU fans. I don't need to control all of them, but there you go. I am looking at spending up to $50, but knowing me, if there is a big difference by spending a little more, that won't be a problem.

My main thing is want to quiet down the PC, and I have no interest in adding lights or anything like that, so no such features are needed.

I have that Vantec, and I like it a lot. The knobs move smoothly, the LEDs are awesome and not overly bright. My only complain is that it only comes with 2 molex adapters (and two other 3-pin ones), but you can do some hotwireing if needed.

Sunbeam Rheobus...can't go wrong with it.

20w per channel, not this '15 to 18w' like most say.

At 7v the LED turns red, and 8-12 volts it's blue...it can turn all the way off with a satisfying 'click' at the end to let you know it's infact off......very nice...I got one :p

Used it for my tornado and when I had like 13 fans in my previous case

Nubius said:
Sunbeam Rheobus...can't go wrong with it.

20w per channel, not this '15 to 18w' like most say.

At 7v the LED turns red, and 8-12 volts it's blue...it can turn all the way off with a satisfying 'click' at the end to let you know it's infact off......very nice...I got one :p

Used it for my tornado and when I had like 13 fans in my previous case
http://store.yahoo.com/svcompucycle/bus-54-bk-24.html
This the one?

One stupid question to go with this.... You can't increase the speed of the fans right? Only decrease them? For example, the fan is rated at 4000rpm, that is still the max right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom