agp/pci-e combo board

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
i read sumwhere that there is a motherboard that has both a agp slot and a pci-express slot is this true? its not for me just for a mate who doesnt want to get rid of his 9800xt but wants the option of pci-e in about 6months or so. Ive read this chipset is by via but i cant find anywhere if the board is out or not :confused:

notice it's always the crappy boards that have the cool features, such as PCI-E and AGP onboard, or can support either Skt 478 or Skt 775, or has a Skt 775 and an AGP slot? You never see that in a good board. I guess it's just to make up for the suckiness of them.

lol i know, i sell a asrock socket 754 and 939 combo board at at work. i mean come on ASROCK? :p

It'd be nice if DFI would come up with something like this but it'd most likely cost a boatload and I'm not sure how the bugs would turn out.

I know that VIA were working on a chipset to support both, but I don't know much about when its due or anything of that nature. I only really look out for nforce and xpress chipsets

There is a reason that boards dont do that, or else they would. Seems like it would a really good selling point. Like ASRock, since it is a crappy board, they try and make up for it by combining the two chips.

I'm sure it is extremely buggy. It prolly fools the average user into thinking that they can run these two completely different chips at the same time and have a dual processor system.

Like I said, there has to be a good reason why they dont do this. It probably slow things down a great deal, and dosent always work.

I remember reading something about these, and they had problems. Something about the PCI-e not being the full x16 banwidth or something. Definately do your research before buying one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom