DVD : Multi-angle function

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello
Can you guys tell me if standard DVD writers available on the market possess the DVD: multi angle function.

im not to sure, but if you dont get an answer here you should try the Audio and Multimedia section.

the angle is a feature to the dvd structure during authoring which is software not hardware. multi angle is mostly used on some pr0n DVD's. It's a neat feature, but it uses much more file space which makes it useless for hollywood DVD authoring. the technology is just like the matrix 360 rotation effect: you use multiple cameras to take shots of the same scene. pressing the angle button lets you switch to another video stream and it will switch at the same time frame that you are currently at. for example you are watching 3 mins, 32 secs into angle 1 and switch to angle 2 you will switch and start the new angle at 3 mins, 32 secs.

Yeah, it'll only be available if they decide to take more than one angle when making the movie. And then only if they decide to include those seperate angles on the dvd.

so any dvd writer can play this.
and we dont have these multi-angle plays's on clean films?

it was just that i was going through dvd players on amazon and one of them said multi-angles

What do you mean on clean films? Movies that you buy form, say, Best Buy? Some do, some dont. I have severall DVD's with multi angle, but I never look at it. The Fast and the Furious has one, of the final car jump scene, it's kinda cool. It's the only multi angle I have ever looked at. I'm not into DVD extras. I would like to be, but I'm not. I'm sure people can empathize with me on that one.

Post a link of such a multi-angle player. I think all DVD players will play DVDs with multiple angles.

by clean i meant non pron films.

so you guys think all dvd writers should be multi-angle?

It's not a matter of the dvd writer, but of the DVD. Multi angle things are just more than one camera angle, that can be accessed by pressing the Angle button on your remote or however else you do it. I have a very cheap dvd player on my tv (GOvideo) and that has an angle feature on it. Most time, angles are not available with the remote, but through the special features section of a dvd. But they do often times have them accesssable by the remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom