x64 os

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragoonKongol

Baseband Member
I recently bought a new AMD Athalon x64 processor and I was woundering where i could get a x64 os. I looked at new egg but u have to buy hardware with and i dont need or can afford any more hardware. The only thing i need right now is the x64 os. any suggestions

no, you cannot get the beta anymore from Microsoft, they took it off their site a little more than a week ago. I think at this point you will just have to wait until it is available for the end user to buy. Cant tell you when that is, but I cant imagine it will be very long.

try any of the major linux distros, 64 bit linux kernel has been around for more than a year, and its free

microsoft sucks but there OS is pretty much reliable it just there Costumer support that bugs me. Micrsofts Mice are nice though you have to admit.

One of my local computer stores seem to carry it, so I am sure it's out in the US :-\.. In anycase, the OEM agreement that MS has with vendors requires for the customer to buy a piece of h/w that is "critical" for the operation of the computer - i.e. inside the box components. The retail version is usually expensive. If you wanna buy the OEM, it might be worth it to buy "something". Maybe u have a friend who's on the market for something? A MS ownership should be tranferrable :)..

you got a friend in the market for something, simply give him the money and have him order it when he orders his parts. Thats what I'm going to do. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom