Computer Start-up Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lux

Beta member
Hi,

I have been having a very weird problem with my computer lately, it takes quite a long time to get started but once it is started it works perfectly. I have to press the start button again and again and the computer reacts for a sec and goes off and it takes approximately 10-20 times of this procedure before it starts perfectly and works without any problem. Can someone help me with this? I would be thankful!

Computer desc: Windows XP professional SP 1, Pentium 4 2.60Ghz, 512 MB RAM, Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Mother board: MSI 865PE Neo2 800 MHz FSB

Thanks in advance

I had a similar problem tell me what type of case do you have does it have a removable side panel or do you have to take the frame out of the case like the old computer I am talking about.

I guess I have the case of old computer type (I am not sure as it has the possibility to open from one side though!)

It is on the sticker on the psu and the reason i asked about the case is that my old slide out case had a problem with the power button lining up right with the switch on the board.

Yeah, it's either the power switch connector to the MB or the PSU. Tell us your system specs including PSU wattage so we can determine if you're good. Also, it may just be the psu is failing. How old is the case/psu?

Hew said it was old. I would imagine that it is the PSU, since screwy things tend to happen when they start to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom