Real strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickBrown7804

In Runtime
Ok well i posted earlier that the heatsink i used was sagging blah blah. I fixed that. I opened the socket and checked to see that I didnt get any AS5 into the CPU or the socket none leaked. Just had a little bit too much.

I fixed the heat sink. Now, i plugged it back all in and now is the real problem.

I turned it back on the little Nvidia 6800GT screen pops up and then it just shuts off. And i try to turn it back on and nothing happens. Nothing at all.

That is quite posibly the oddest thing ever. I know all the connections are right. Because i double checked it. The fact that it just turned off and now wont turn back on woories me a lot. The only thing i can think of is that since i have a mounting bracked one the underside of the board one of the pins popped through it and is touching the metal and its shorting itself out. Other than that im clueless.

This is soo weird ive had numerous comps and none have ever been this dificult just a run of bad luck im having.

Oh man, you have one of those stock OC'ed cards (rather contradictory, dont ya think?) That things needs to stay cool. Post a link to your other post.

I fear that your card may be fried.

Its not the video card i found out the problem. Thermaltakes back mounting equipment poked through and the voltage plugs were touching and it fried the mobo.

OH DAMN! That wicked sucks man.Did it completely fry it dead? I've launched sparks into mobo's, yet managed to not fry them. Dumb luck I guess.

Im not quite sure what all is fried. But the mobo def dead. THe vid card maybe the CPU maybe the memory maybe. But im thinking just the mobo. Soon to ifnd out.

I fried a mobo once, put a fried video card in it. It just got slower and slower and slower. The cpu didnt ry though. When I finally gave up on my board, I had just clean installed Windows. It was an Athalon XP 2400+ that would only show up as an 1800+, 512mb RAM, xp pro. I was doing something where I had tp type, and I would type, finish, take a second rest, and look up to watch it SLOWLY spell itself out. I gave up, and got a new board. My brother is now using that cpu for his audio editing. Only the board went, memory and cpu were fine. You may get lucky.

Ive come across a serious string of bad luck. I need just the mobo to be fried so I can get this over with lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom