how old is too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
meh, can't find any (i don't really know much about laptops)

if i were you, i'd grab myself a small laptop with a decent celeron and 256mb or something and grab myself another stick of 512 or 1gig

Oh! Dear godÂ…I looked up high capacity batteries, there are some that go for $160.00. For that money I would expect it to last a minimum of 15 hours.

but thanx for the help!

Neh, wait till we get methanol/hydrogen batteries, they'll last awhile...like a week...

*timidly* Have you considered a mac?

DON'T BUY AN HP LAPTOP! I can't exclaim that more.

Toshiba laptops are good in my book.

But the ultimate laptops are Apple Powerbooks. Unless you're into gaming (you should NEVER buy a laptop for gaming anyways) or use a ton of apps that are not compatible on a Powerbook buy a Powerbook and you will never look back. Plus Tiger OS destroys Windows...until maybe Longhorn.

i have an apple g3 ibook pretty decent gets about 4 hours of battery life on a 2 year old battery i have liek a 4 year old battery for it that last about an hour and a half

have to admit i do get the most ogles when i take it out compared to jjust about any pc laptop even one that are 5x better than mine
look good very stable no viruses or popups

apple's are good, if you're set on sticking with windows (blah!) then check out dell's line of notebooks. although many on this board are aginst them, their notebooks are pretty damn good compared to their desktops. the i6000 should be perfect for you, or the 700m if you want a 12" screen.

There are a lot of IBM Thinkpads coming off of corporate lease.In my opinion,A 3 or 4 year old TP is much better laptop than any of those others(new).IBM; as always sets the pace that others try to copy.Do you want whistles and bells; or something that will last?.........................................:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom