AMD fanboys: LOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
Not really...if AMD's were known for gaming...and intels for multimedia and multitasking....and now the AMD's are also beating out the Intels for multitasking....it looks as though AMD's are good for everything, and intel is OBSOLETE

um..there's something called "dell" and something called "computer illiterate people"

:D

lol what the hell....I get my post quoted by 3 people and I only understand 1 out of those haha.

Whatever, yeah I'm "fanboyish"....riight, I just happen to get excited when the company I prefer keeps on destroying the competition, and creating, bigger better hardware, while the competition, makes CPU's that don't perform as well compared to, are accused as cheats from japanese antimonopoly law makers, are ridiculously smaller than their competition, but still manages to destroy them in performance even with basically no advertising....and hell as far as we know, whens best CPU award and the competitions sponsored event.....

Don't blame me for saying 'YAY AMD' because a new article comes out every week saying how much better they are. Blame intel for sucking.

Brief history lesson:

Pentium 3 era - AMD releases the original Athlon processors which run circles around the Pentiums. This is an undisputable fact and anyone who knew their stuff back then knew the P3 couldn't hold anything to the Athlon, the Athlon was cheaper too. AMD had really little exposure at the time though so the Athlon boom sort of had a silent legacy.

Early Pentium 4 era - P4s still have trouble holding against the Athlons, which are just getting cheaper and cheaper. Add in the horrible RAMBUS memory and Intel got crushed valuewise

Athlon XP era - And then comes along the Athlon XPs to compete with the newer P4s. They were pretty well successful, the only downfall was their somewhat hot heat dissipation compared to the P4, but competed pretty well until Intel came along with Hyperthreading which gave them a slight edge. RAMBUS pretty well dies now so the tides turn somewhat level out.

Athlon 64 era - First came the Hypertransport bus and Intel's "nah that ain't a good idea since the memory controller will screw them over." The Athlon 64 bandwidth becomes immense and a huge success, and AMD continues improving with better cores and better architechture. Intel switches to socket 775 and has their new Prescott cores in motion now which were aimed at hitting 5GHz. Combine hot processors and expensive high latency DDR2 with the cheap, constantly cooler running Athlon 64s with high memory bandwidth, and Intel gets left in the dust.

Let's face the facts, AMD has progressively improved their platforms since the Athlon, and have slowly made a name for themselves. The only reason Intel is still top dog is simply because they have massive exposure and big deals with box computer companies. Whether you like it or not, they are slowly crumbling and before low people will start to realize the superiority of AMD if these trends continue.

The big thing Intel has going for them right now is their "high" clock speeds which trick the average joe.

Don't blame me for saying 'YAY AMD' because a new article comes out every week saying how much better they are. Blame intel for sucking.
dude im a fanboy myself, ive never liked intel at all so im not dissing you im standign there w/ you laughing in their face. read my post man. now my first real PC was a pentium 133mhz and then i OCd that to 166 and then i went straight to AMD Duron. that little chip was absolutely awesome!It was a 950mhz and it rocked. when i got it i was liek man i want a Pentium4 blah blah, until i found out how awesome AMD was and learned about them and ever since ive loved AMD. (violen playng ends........................now):D

Man, how is the CEO of Intel keeping this up? Proabably has nightmares about closing Intel down, lol.

Nubius said:
lol what the hell....I get my post quoted by 3 people and I only understand 1 out of those haha.

I have problems counting, but I think you only got quoted *edit* twice...I got the heat the house one, which i find odd cauze I thought that Intels ran hotter... oh well...

Umk first of all...you guys should stop yelling at Nubius and Gaara because first of all, all their saying is facts w/ a little bit opinion, but we respect Nubius cauze he's got the power to ban people (and he knows what he's saying) and Gaara because usually knows what he's saying...and he's got that smelly sand for pplz who watch naruto.

But, I hate to say this, it's probably a uphill climb for AMD; there are things such as dell and comp illerate people, after all...but if there weren't comp illertate people, we would all know everything, and we wouldn't need these forums...

well you guys don't have to rub it in that intel sucks :(

i'm just pissed that the damn emt64 cpu's came out a few days after i ordered the parts for my comp.

Why do u guys think intel is sucking so much these days. I refuse to believe its the engineers and the designers who are to blame for the fundamental problems. I am sure they are very smart people.

I have a feelings its the business people and project leads at Intel that should take the award home. :grind:.. What say u?

Obviously they are smart, you know how hard it is? Designing CPU's and doing all that research!? Probably cause the owner takes most of the money, doesn't leave much for research.

I found this real cool Car Forum, powered by v-Bulletin. www.beyond.ca

I have problems counting, but I think you only got quoted *edit* twice...I got the heat the house one, which i find odd cauze I thought that Intels ran hotter... oh well...
My mistake, it was quoted twice, but PP addressed it, so thats where I got 3 from.

but we respect Nubius cauze he's got the power to ban people
No I don't, I havent been a mod in like 4 weeks now, and mods don't have the power to ban anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom