how old is too old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
naa u may not like what i'm about to say but dells laptop are very good but heres the secret, say tour a busineess and get a busineess laptop, better and much better resale value but gateways great and their costomer service blows dell away, call time for dell 45 min then gave up, gateway 2 min and helped me even though my warrenty was gone

humm... looked at the gateway laptops and the M680 is most impressive, as is the M320 Series. Those will be difficult to beat.

thinkpads get eccelent reviews to and hp are great, and i think vaio are good so your really gonna have to do your research

i hate macs but my sister loves them and their very relible, may be just what u need but being with pc's all the time i think they suck, but if you buy them you get 129$ tiger included which is supposedly blowing xp away

IBM makes the highest quality laptops, but they come at a price; dunno if the cheaper ones (meaning less than $2500) are good, they probably are

if you want good battery life, then go for the intel centrino's

Psh, I'm too tired to argue for a mac right now...

at $1500, i would take a serious look at a mac...The microsoft word is windows compatiable, but you'd have to buy microsoft word for mac. $1500 is good enough for a high end ibook or a upgraded 12 inch or stock 15 inch laptop. Plus you get all that free software, and the power PC arteciture is makes a Mac about 2x as fast as a PC with comparable clock speed...unless it's an AMD laptop, then it's more like...1.5 x as fast...

businesses usually use IBM think pads, you their customer service is pretty good. But beware, thinkpads are now under the command of some chinese company, so customer service might faulter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom