Getting really high ping on CS:Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes

but speed doesn't really matter in games, your latency does (and upload too i think)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Speed matters too

I thought comcast was Canadian Only?

yea, i meant that he didn't necessarily need a LOT of dl speed

btw, comcast is very big in the US (probably the most widely used cable internet company)

dj stop posting if you have no idea with you are talking about

comcast is us mainly

I can get 23 ping in cs:s on dfm clan server though I have not played there alot

I have 1.5 meg comcast and get the same ping as my friends 5 meg road runner

it also has alot to do with the connection on the other side of the server, or maybe just a slack server

Well comcast sounds like something up here, maybee cogeco.

And I do know what I am talking about, trust me.

if you go to the dslreports forums, you'll know that comcast has a lot of problems

just because it doesn't apply to you doesn't mean it won't apply for the millions of other people that use it

i use adelphia and i admit it sucks ass

100 ping and 69 fps is pretty good; above average....I wouldn't be worrying about it... we have TV at 30 because any more fps we wouldn't care. Even at 27 or 28 we don't notice; at 25 you can start noticing differences...

>1000 kbps is pretty good....>4000 kbps is pretty good too...

only problem Ive had with comcast is when the dns servers went down and it was an easy fix and I've had comcast for 1 1/2 years, also my friend also uses it and has had is for 3 years and has yet to get one problem....

consider yourselves lucky

i've had adelphia for half a year and it's been hell after the first month i've got it

however the i love their blazing fast download speeds..but that's about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom