I'd like to hear better from you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also realize that that these are people's opinion. there is not the great difference that everyody claim to hear. there is no different at all if you use optical or coaxial out.

I've have 3 SB and 1 turtle beach sound card over the years. I've never pick a favorite. the turtle beach put out more pre-amp output voltage, which is why most people here say it is better.

but it's a fact in audio. to 90% of the people in this world when comparing 2 things, they will pick the louder one even if the audio quality is actually worse because to most people louder is better.

Not I though

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51179&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

diabloII said:
yea, but the ipod sound is so plain and flat

also, try http://www.ebay.co.uk/

that accurate sound, my man.if something changes the sound, that distortion. purist like me can't stand changed sound.

I like ipod only because I bought a 40 gig Ipod from compusa for $300.00 (they are the only place i've seen that had a clearance sale for Ipods, because they are such an hot item. I was looking for one for over a month or two) 3 weeks ago and I bought an alpine interface device for $100.00 and I now have access to all 7000 of my songs in my car from my alpine deck now (a 40 gig cd changer).

diabloII said:
99% of the people just buy into the "creative" name

this is just my opinion (no offense to anyone) but ipods suck, but yet lots of people buy ipods because of the ipod name

Exactly, ima well educated DJ and dont buy into that crap

A few days ago I saw a whole bunch of Turtle Beach Montego's for 2$

They maybee from like 95' but they sound almost as good as the 2005 audigy's

Your right most people will pick the louder

And if your soo into audio, why do you have nothing but TB and Soundblaster? I mean you have alot of money invested into that crap, I would think you would at least have a low end studio sound card.

And m-audio is consumer and pro

DJ-CHRIS said:
Exactly, ima well educated DJ and dont buy into that crap

A few days ago I saw a whole bunch of Turtle Beach Montego's for 2$

They maybee from like 95' but they sound almost as good as the 2005 audigy's

WOOWWW.....

I would say you are a little bias with your opinion. You donÂ’t like SB so any turtle beach will sound better to you.

We had a guy around who had work at a high end audio store. He heard a lot of thing from some older educated men who had worked there. Then he just tried to know everything. He would say a lot of stuff that he didn't have a clue about (he use to say vifa, morel and focal made cheap speakers for one) because that store had speakers that would sell as high as $50,000.00 and the older men had compare those speaker to vifa, morel and focal which is ok because those speaker did sound better than the vifa, morel and focal, but that didnÂ’t mean that vifa, morel and focal stunk. They are high end to the rest of the world that isnÂ’t in the Super Rich category .Now that was funny

But then his car setup consisted of (MB quart, soundstream amps and mtx speakers) now there a difference in sound in car audio because there are too many variables to consider like sufficient voltage and current and a lot of current limiting. To a novice or wannabe this stuff was considered kinda high end.

But to real knowledgeable people in car audio, this was cheap gear. For one mb quart has a harse spitty sound to them. Those soundstream amps were rated to do 1000 watts but when they got hot they would dip to 300 and if you play them long enough they will die. Mtx is self explanatory. He didnÂ’t have the old menÂ’s opinion to fall back on in this field , because they didnÂ’t have any car audio experience. But you couldnÂ’t tell him that

He use to say a lot of stupid stuff. Especially that he could hear difference in a lot of home audio equipment like CD players and home amps. He use the analogy of his experience at the high end store made him a knowledgeable expert. Wrong, we use to alway call him Richy bi*ch

We did the blind test (he couldnÂ’t see the equipment, so his mind would let him hear the difference). This guy was so dumb we didnÂ’t even use the oscilloscope to set thing at the same level in everything for comparison (for a true audiophile, he will ace the test in this setup. Setting everything at the same levels is a lot harder for people to hear a difference)

He consistently picks the stuff that he despised instead of his own personal preferences. He stopped acting like an Arse and started respecting our opinion more, after that

DJ-CHRIS said:
Your right most people will pick the louder

And if your soo into audio, why do you have nothing but TB and Soundblaster? I mean you have alot of money invested into that crap, I would think you would at least have a low end studio sound card.

And m-audio is consumer and pro

rick of sound idea talked me into getting a sound card that look like this (different model no.) 2-3 years ago.

http://www.soundideasonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2025

After 3 to 4 weeks of listening. I came to the conclusion that it sounded as good as my Sound Blaster (it was way louder though. it put out a ton of voltage through the analog out. digital, of course was the same)

I had a lot better use of $400.00. I've have been kinda broke in the bush era. if you could only seen my home stereo pre 2000. I had complete seperates (adom and mackie amps, yamaha and adcom preamps) a pair of thiel CS3.5 ($4,000). due to above reasons and my 300.00 a month electric bill in the summer back then I sold most that stuff on ebay

I sold my thiel's last fall. it was the hardest thing that I had to do. picture with a coustic 560 amp

Thiel.jpg

diabloII said:
99% of the people just buy into the "creative" name

this is just my opinion (no offense to anyone) but ipods suck, but yet lots of people buy ipods because of the ipod name

Agreed. Ipod's do suck and they're overpriced.. just like everything else Apple.. you're paying for a look.. and if you're paying for a look/name.. please kill yourself; you're the type of person that will delay mankind's evolution.

smileygladhands said:
Agreed. Ipod's do suck and they're overpriced.. just like everything else Apple.. you're paying for a look.. and if you're paying for a look/name.. please kill yourself; you're the type of person that will delay mankind's evolution.

I don't know much about the ipod wars, but when I was comparing prices, it seem to me that ipod's 20, 40 and 60 gigs cost the same as everybody's else 4 and 10 gigs unit.

Also didn't they start everything and everybody else is just copying off of them in 1 form or another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom