Ultra X-Connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboynamedmatt

Baseband Member
Hey I recently got an Ultra X-Connect 500W PS and I was thinking about getting an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard. The only problem is that the Asus Mobo says that it is only compatible with ATX 2.0 PS. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Ultra 500W PS is compatible with that type of motherboard or not.

Yeah it's compatable, but you should really go with a better power supply

The ultra's look nice and have the godly modular design, but the internals are not much better than a generic power supply

Sweet, as long as it is compatible I think I'm going to stick with it. At least until i get more money, I haven't really seen any bad reviews for it yet, but if i get two graphics cards with my SLI, which I plan to do sometime in the future, I'll probably upgrade the PS.

yea, even though it looks great (i saw it in action on an SLI machine @ my local frys and i was like O_O), the reliability sucks

my friend had an ultra x-finity 600W that crapped on him the first day

btw, that asus board is buggy and isn't as good as the DFI lanparty

Whats better about the DFI than the ASUS? I've been shopping around for a while and I really want to go with the best board I can get.

Actually, it is not compatible with the Asus. PCI-E boards need a 24 pin connector and the X-Connects use a 20 pin one. You can try uses an adapter but that poses a couple of risks and you really should have a genuine 24 ATX 2.0 PSU.

DFI uses tr00 japenese capicitators and overall better parts, plus the BIOS is fully functional for all extensive purposes.

yea, dfi is much better

also, a 20pin power supply is never good for a 24pin mobo, even if it works

hmm, do you guys have any suggestions for a good PS I can get for the SLI mobo. I guess I might go with an Antec.

well go for the DFi mobo, it's much better than asus

also, are you going to actually go SLi (use 2 gfx cards)

Antec TruePower, OCZ Powerstream, Thermaltake Purepower...

TT purepower is 20pin, the 24pin ones aren't good enough for 2 gfx cards

only the 550W trupower is good enough for SLi (antec)

OCZ powerstream is good; modstream is too weak for SLi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom