Cheapest Retail Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey nubius u think ur XBL's are gonna OC great with the dfi board and venice?

what's the difference between your ram and G skill LE/LA's?

i mean they both use samsung tccd's and brainpower pcb's..
I don't know what the differences are, I know these will hit 266 for a fact, the manufacturer guarantees it but given a little more voltage, probably 3v or so I'm sure it'll do 275Mhz t 2.5-3-3-7 just like G.Skills.....like you said they both use samsung tccd and brainpower PCB so I have no idea, besides price, what seperates them.

I'm thinking I might remove my heatspreaders from them though, so have a 120mm fan in my side panel blowing on them.

Probably get some more microsinks for various mosfets too

I wouldn't think you'd have to settle for a new motherboard in a year, the Lanparty seems more than supplementary for a while plus with socket 939 you can just pop in a new processor without having to upgrade to socket M2 and DDR2.

The only reason I'd upgrade might be for Socket S1 and these Turion mobiles, and that'd just be a fall back system most likely as I'd like to snag an FX processor cheap and pop it in the lanparty. I'm only moving to PCI-E now so that I have it out of the way.

I preordered my 3200+ a couple weeks ago and ncix still doesn't have them in so I have no idea how long I have to wait for them now, I'm getting annoyed at how long everything is taking but at least this gives me time to mod my case up and possibly get all my parts together without having them bear stock cooling for a week or so.

Well I listed the 3200+ because that's personally what I'm looking to get :p

Besides that's the OEM processor, this is Retail I'm talking about here.

Buuuuuut upon going to newegg, I see they have their 3200+ Venice at $205!

My god they hunt competitors prices quickly, I swear just earlier today or yesterday that crap was still at $229 haha...soo yeah newegg.....venice....$205 for 3200+ venice retail.

Zipzoomfly has the retail 3000+ for $155, while I only see an OEM 3000+ at newegg for $149....

Zipzoomfly doesn't have the OEM 3000+ venice and newegg doesn't have the retail lol

damn it, isn't it wierd how the people that are more knowledgeable about computer hardware (like us TFers :D) just don't seem to be able to afford expensive hardware?

i wish i could afford fx-55/lanparty sli//6800gt in SLI//g skill LA//raptors or scsi drives//PCP&C 850W

meh..nvr gonna happen, i didn't even pay for my own rig

Psht didn't even pay for your rig? Damn spoiled children these days I swear.

If I were just rich I'd probably still get a single card solution, because I honestly don't care for SLI that much. I'd be able to just get a vapochill, phase change an FX-57 :p (screw the 55 it's yesterdays news haha) probably get the DFI Ultra-D and get a 6800Ultra for now and then upgrade to the G70 later.

Couple raptor drive, might go g.skills, might get some BH-5's though since the Ultra-D can deliver high voltage.

Pretty much though everyone says the same thing

FX-55
6800U SLId
Raptors
GSkills

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom