internet options locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

overclocker

Baseband Member
Hi, I recently found out that IE will not allow me to view the “internet options” panel while in IE by hitting tools, then internet options. When I click it an error message comes up that reeds “This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator”. This is not that big of a deal, but it bathers me that IE won’t do what I tell it to.

are you at an office where this is happening or at home? It's a Policy that is in effect on your machine. If it's at the office, unless you can convience an IT person to do it, you are stuck. if it's at home, it's possible that someone has configured it to be that way for a reason, but if you have admin access, you can change it to allow you. Please post which it is so I can help you.

hmmm, inaris would you be so kind as to help me with this?
ur IE is installed on your computer. however lets say im not admin, but can download stuff. how bout i d/l IE 6, off a site, then install it somewhere hidden. now since i put it on MY ACCOUNT wouldn't it allow me full access?

firefox or opera might also get u around this option

This is happening at home, i'm the admin and the only one that has access to the computer. As for firefox or opera, my favorite tool bars donÂ’t work with them.

Lets see if this will work:

Go to:

start / run / type gpedit.msc / user configuration / administrative templates / control panel / prohibit access to the control panel / click it and see if it is enabled.

If it is, set it to "Not Configured"

Was this once on a network? I seems to me like it was and there was an admin the restricted access to this feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom