I'd like to hear better from you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvin.C

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I'm considering abandoning my onboard audio to a PCI solution, can you peeps aid me in finding my savior?

I'm interested in a 5.1 PCI sound card, which is not too expensive (around £30 and the lower the better), but will produce good quality audio. I'd also prefer it if it's able to process all audio channels locally on the sound card, push less strain on the CPU and be able to use mostly hardware techniques to deliver good sound quality. I'm an increasingly heavy gamer, and and quite the media user.

I'm finding it difficult to find a good deal. It seems as though i'll probably have to end up buying a Creative Audigy ZS sound card, but that's pushing my budget.

I'm looking at alternatives that will do the job well. At the moment I'm looking at the Trust 5.1 Sound Expert Optical 514DX Sound Card. It's the cheapest, possibly good sound card i've witnessed so far, retailing at £17 on the Internet. Is this card any good? Are there any other sound cards you peeps think are worth considering?

Look; when you go budget, you can't expect excellent performance. It's like if i could by diamonds for $10 bucks a pound, i could; i wouldn't be spending $500 on a rock for fun, you know?

The best your going to get in that range is turtle beach sounds cards, and they are as good and better than the audigy's

Re:

Okay...would it be better getting the Audigy 2 Value for £26 or the Live 24-bit for £16 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom