PC POST once but no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warblood

Solid State Member
I was building my PC last night when we got everything hooked up and we turned it on. It POSTed and went to my ASUS splash screen on my monitor. It was on for about a minute when I noticed that my fans were in the wrong orientation so we turned the PC off and I changed them around. After that was finished we turned the PC back on and it wouldn't POST at all. All my fans are running but it doesn't POST.

Hardware:

350W Power Supply
AMD 3000+ with 333 Front Bus
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
Corsiar Twin 512 DDR 3200 Ram
Radeon 9800 Pro
Western Digital 120GB 7200RPM

If anyone has any pointers on what to do please help!!!!!

Any beeps from pc speakers? are they connected properly?

I can imagine that you're really anxious to get that sweet piece of machinery up and running.. :(

Cleared my CMOS and it worked and started to POST. But after only like 1 min. I lose video and it stops POSTing. I then turn it off and am forced to clear the CMOS again. Sometimes after POSTing it lasts a bit longer but it all ends up happening the same. Not sure what is going on, any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks

almost sounds like something of a compatiblitiy issue, but looking at your hardware I wouldn't think you would have one. I would try and clear your cmos again, go into bios, and check all your settings if you can.

I decided to unhook everything and hook it up from scratch again, but didn't help still not POST. I then tryed to change out my video card to see if then it would POST but no luck. Only other thing I could do is to change out the CPU and see if it works but don't have another AMD to drop into it. I think I am gonna send back my Mobo and CPU and hope to get maybe a better one this time around. Thanks for the help, it I have any problems this time around I will be sure to post something ;)

Well I got my stuff back on Friday and NewEgg sent me back a new 3000+ processor but Nexcomdirect sent me back my motherboard stating that they had tested it it and that it updated the CMOS setting and kept them. So I set up my computer and was ready to go and started it up, and to my suprise!!!! The same NO POST PROBLEM continues. I have no idea at all what I should so. I went to one of my buddy's friends that had built many AMD PC's and he didn't know what to do either. We changed out everything but the processor and it still wouldn't POST up. If anyone has any suggestions or maybe my motherbaord is just garbage and have a suggestion on a better one, please post. Thanks again for the help all :(

By saying that it "posts" does it fully post or what. Does it show some kinda error on the screen. Or does the screen just go black. the fans keep running you said what color is the light on the monitor after it gets by the splash screen? I would try turning it on with the bare min. in the computer. unplugg the harddrive cdrom floopy etc. if you have two memory chips only use one. with nothing plugged to the back but the monitor and the power cable. see if it loads up to an error message or something different than. By doing that you can rule out any of those componets being a part of the problem.

When I try to boot up, I get so sound out of the case speaker at all. Also when I try to POST, I either get a black screen if it doesn't beep at all or if it does beep, it goes to the splash screen for about 5 sec. and it goes black and that's it. Today we are gonna try to change out the CPU and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom