AMD fanboys: LOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him said:
HA! Thats what you recommended to me in one of the other threads. I did a search, and all I could find was a frefurbished one on newegg. But they do have a plethora of ASUS boards that meet my criteria. But if I'm going to get a 775 chip, I'm just going to get a top of the line board from ASUS so I can use the 915 or 925 chiupset and have all of those cool features on the AI Proactive series.

Also Goodluck trying to find a 775mobo with the 9xx chipset that supports AGP cards

At least Intel still won at the:

VirusScan and Dr.DivX multitasking test (in seconds) (Lower times are better)

Once again it takes an overclocked Intel to beat out the stock AMD to perform.
Doubt you'd even even need to see that AMD OC'd that far to see it beat out that Intel.

So as far as stock goes, AMD is obviously the clear winner there.

ummm...no thanks

even though I'm a amd fan I wont pay 1g for this chip

That seems like a pointless comment to me. The FX-55 was just as much when first released and this is a dual core chip. It isn't meant just for some joe blow kid to go and pick one up for his gaming system.

EDIT:

I have yet to see proof
haha, dude go to xtremesystems.org, you don't like AMD so obviously you aren't looking into it. Hardly anyone here has one...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59405&page=1

Theres your proof.....you're a bit close minded for AMD, so don't act as if gaara is just spouting crap for the hell of it. Do a tiny bit of research and you'd find what he says is true

It was a 300mhz OC and it cleary won the benchmark.
300mhz is not much of an OC for Intel, but it still won.

Just some info to think about.

ok? Think about this then....I bet a mere 150MHz increase on the AMD would be enough to beat out the intel.

Point is, this isn't the first time where they've had to OC an Intel just to out bench an AMD, which shows it's stock settings can't handle crap.

Not everyone out there especially server environments are going to overclock.

That makes the intel look worse, being that it can't produce a stock chip that'll win

The OC'd Intel got 155 seconds in the benchmark
The runner up AMD got 182.

I think if the Intel was at stock speeds it would of still won. But not by much.But just face it. IT STILL WON! Intel is not as bad as some of people make it out to look. Most of these people who hate intel are cheap bast@rds who can't afford an Intel Cpu.

Just my 2 cents.

I would love to have the 4800. I don't game, so it would be perfect for me. Just install a linux kernel with smp and you will have so much speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom