Ram Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airteck

Beta member
Completely puzzled on this one so I thought I'd see if anyone has had the same problem. Got a P4 Gigabyte mother board(tried 2 boards; both dual channel capable)and P4 processors(tried 3 different)and whenever There is more than 1 GB of RAM it will fail RAM tests..... When I put in a celeron class processor it passes with flying colors.....
ANY CLUES??
Using 2 sets of 1GB Dual channel RAM(multiple brands, Kingston Value, Corsair Value, and Platinum-none pass test when over 1 GB but will when ran by themselves)
GA-8s655fx ( BIOS updated to newest)
GA-8IPE1000

When running dual channel memory it is recommended to use the exact same brand, otherwise.. you might have those issues; especially with value RAM.

Srry.... maybe I wasn't clear on the RAM.... I tried using 2 GB of each of the different brands.... no-go on any of them....

Oh, every dual channel setup was the same brand... I see.

Ok, some stupid questions first. Were the dual's in the right slots as per your MB's manual? (usually 1/2 2/4)

Did you enable dual channel in bios?

If they are passing memtests by themselves but not together, perhaps you have a bad slot? Can you experiment to see if you only have a problem with one slot?

(leaving work now, will get on later)

Tried a different motherboard..... tried disabling Hyper threading... tried contacting Gigabyte(lol)....... switching system to an AMD 64( a true system) and away from intel.... but I still need to figure out this glitch, and when Giga-bites get back to me I'll post there response...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom