AMD fanboys: LOOK

Status
Not open for further replies.
that would be the highlight of my life...

"I dont care...umm., ahhh!!! Those tests were rigged! and ah, the intels umm, still pwn, cuz i, dale, say so!!"

uzi9mm said:
At least Intel still won at the:

VirusScan and Dr.DivX multitasking test (in seconds) (Lower times are better)

And yes I am an Intel Fanboy:cool:

Lets overclock the AMD's 800mhz per core to be fair though :D

HA! Thats what you recommended to me in one of the other threads. I did a search, and all I could find was a frefurbished one on newegg. But they do have a plethora of ASUS boards that meet my criteria. But if I'm going to get a 775 chip, I'm just going to get a top of the line board from ASUS so I can use the 915 or 925 chiupset and have all of those cool features on the AI Proactive series.

yeah i know, I recommended it to you since it supports a shitload of AGP cards, and I get a mean OC on it. Also I got mine brand new like 7 months ago. Apparently they are out of stock for brand new ones.

The XE Pentiums have never been a very big success, they were really just high end Pentium 4s with bigger cache size which in the end doesn't really contribute much to performance and becomes a marketing gimmick. They are good processors, but for the price they certainly aren't worth what they offer.

I am one to prefer AMD over Intel currently (as my view always changes based on which one really is better), but there is a bit of slander towards AMD in any dual core bench at the moment. I know they took the Xtreme Edition 840 there which is a bit more fair, but the regular Pentium Ds are made as midrange processors which lower clockspeeds, around 2.8GHz or so, which makes them more affordable.

AMD, however, has simply extended their Athlon 64 line higher with the new X2s, being as they're rated at 4200+, 4400+ and 4800+. They are high end processors, and the Pentium D is a midrange solution, so don't ever compare those and consider the AMD better as the Intel stands no chance.

The XE 840 is meant as the high range competetitor though as it's right up there with the X2 prices, still not sure if it's entirely fair though since I have no idea whether the 4800+ is refering to a 4.8GHz single core or what. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom