diff between socket 478 and 775?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mobo's certainly are not more expensive. A good 775 board is mighty expensive. Maybe not mighty, but still a tad on the expensive side.

On the subject of this, does someone know where I can get a P4 LGA775 mobo with an AGP slot on it instead of PCI-E?

Socket 478 CPU's are more expensive.

go to newegg.com and search for a mobo that is LGA775 and AGP 8x.
I got an AGP 8x card and lga775, but make sure you do research, I had to RMA an ASROCK board because of the chipset would only support like 5-10 cards which is nothing compared to how many cards are out there.

Also PCI-E is cheaper than AGP.

I hate ASRock, even though they are ASUS. I really only want to get an ASUS board. Unless someone can tell me a better board to get that meet my specifications.

I know the CPU's are more expensive, but not by much. Only like 10 or 20 dollars.

I know PCI-E is cheaper than AGP, but I have an AGP card that I reaally dig. It has a TV tuner onboard, and I really like it. So even though I would like to upgrade my mobo and cpu, I would like to keep my video card as is. I'm no gamer, no video editor, just a dude who has a computer.

no reason to nto get Socket 775, cheaper, newer, and lets face it allows mroe upgradeability too. Just don't go to cheap on that PSU, you will regret it later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom