Two processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, that's what Hyperthreading does
it tricks your computer into thinking there are 2 processors, so that the CPU will be sent 2 instructions to process at a time

Dan DeVille said:
So can I uninstall the secondary video? I know for sure I won't be using two monitors.

There is no reason to disable the two monitors. It's not hurting performance at all. You can go to the Display properties (Right click on the desktop, go to properties)

If you see two monitors, right click on the one on the right (Your secondary one, even if it is behind the other one) and click detach... Or disconnect... Or whatever, something to that effect. But you dont need to uninstall it. You may screw things up doing that, do I would just leave it alone.

As for Hyper Threading, is Hyper Transport AMD's equivalent to Hyper Threading?

That secondary monitor thing is normal. You radeon has the capability to support dual monitors.

Also I think AMD's hypertransport has to do with the memory framework of a computer, compared to Hyperthreading that handles multiple CPU threads.

Hyperthreading and Hypertransport are completly different, read up on them and see what they do, google.com

Yeah I looked it up, and Hyper Transport has to do with memory addressing and stuff. Hyper Threading has to do with the processor. Learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom