• TOSHIBA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
I am looking for a top of the line video card, that will last well without upgrading for at least a year, two if possible.
I can't decide on which is the best for me. I am going to be running a AMD setup, with PCI-Express. I should note that I am going with an LCD that has a resolution of 1920x1200, so a good video card is need to support such resolutions.

And no, I am not going with SLI, NO!

eVGA 6800 Ultra
Saphire/ATI X850XT
Saphire/ATI X850XT Platinum Edition (a little expensive).

Thanks for your opinions, ideas, suggestions etc.

Yan

i think the performance of those cards is very similar and this might just start a ATI vs nVidia thread which no1 wants.

I voted the 6800ultra because even though u sed no SLI u might aswel get the ultra now and by the time next year comes around ul be able to pick another up for pennies and get a nice boost rather than spending cash on another top of the line card.

I dont think that you will ever get a card that will be even remotely top of the line for a year or two. GFX technology is evolving so fast, faster than any other hardware, IMO. But thats not to say get a badass card right now, and have it for a while, and be on top of the video card world for a short while.

GeForce 6800GT. And it is made by eVGA, there is no other.

If SLI decide to get stable by "next year", but that is why I am not going for it now.

My one question is, although people have said how useless 512MB of RAM is, I saw a benchy that showed ATI mid range w/512mb of RAM doing really well in future games. Will a top of the line video card (opposed to mid range) with that much RAM give an advantage at such high resolutions as the 23" lcd's?

Any ideas?

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE A FLAME THREAD, JUST GIVE YOUR OPINION ON A CARD THAT YOU THINK WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME.
Yan

Go for the 6800 Ultra. You will be unhappy if you get an X850 series card because it doesn't have Pixel Shader 3.0. Pixel Shader 3 is essential for future games, and you don't want to pay $500 for a card and not be able to play games at full settings or play the new "The Lost Coast" HDR mod comming out for HL2. If the X850 had PS3.0, i would probably suggest it, but since currently only the 6800 Ultra does, I would STRONGLY suggest it. Only the uninformed buys an ATI card now.

i strongly suggest the 6800ultra as well for the same reason as what beed said. plus everybody knows that the GT OC'd rox just think of what an ultra OC'd could do;)

I have to say eVGA 6800GT, its a little less expensive then the Ultra. But I would go with either the 6800GT or Ultra. ATI has been falling off the band wagon latly IMO and not in a good way.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom