Connecting to a terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordon-guru

Solid State Member
OK, I'm trying to connect to a terminal server which i have the live IP address for and all of the correct user names and pass words, but it consistently tells me that the client could not connect to the remote computer and that remote connections might not be enabled. I'm running XP pro, so which application should i be using to connect?

It depends, is that terminal running on Linux?

You'll probably want to use telnet to connect, unless it's a actual application that you need emulation for, ie SCO OpenServer running some sort of app or something like that.

If you can't connect, yea the ip may be live and the terminal server may be up and running. but if they have a firewall enabled and they don't have that port enabled to take incoming connections, the firewall will block it ;)

it's a windows 2003 based server, commonly known as ISA, and it is enabled to accept incoming connections. I have all of the port numbers and ip addresses in front of me and know that they are correct, because I'm an adminstrator on the network, but the software won't let me connect. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom