MAC vs PC - What do you Prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pc....it was much cheaper then an Apple, that's why I have it. If i had money i would have an Apple and 2 PC's. I also am used to windows, and not mac os x.3 or whatever the hell they have out now. i also prefer building my own computers, it's kind of a hobby, most apples aren't to upgradable

ADZ said:
why would i bother typing that crap if i didnt mean it. the fact of the matter is, i decided to try these macs and each one failed miserably. and right on you can get into hotmail, enjoy it. point is i couldnt and decided to relay my experience with y'all. didnt expect to be called a noob or watever, thats pretty rude.

i wouldve loved to have screenshots of all of them buggering up, but i couldnt cuz they had all frozen! and by frozen, i mean i couldnt do anything...and they didnt "thaw". i just turned them off and then booted up a win98 machine.

i looked @ a windows machine and it crashed - perfect example of someone who is immature and dont know what they are talking about.
no, i said that about a Windows machine to show you how your statement sounded to me!
I didn't call you a noob, i said the statement you gave was wrong, and you're calling me immature because I said a similar statement you did?
don't expect me to believe it still

Ballroomking said:
I am new to this forum, so instead of quoting I'll state that someone said something about macs running PC programs... and my response is... Who in their right mind would WANT a mac program on their PC? Ooh Ooh! iTunes! WOOHOO! I like my winamp, and my ie, and all my other crap. I like it and that's all there is to it!
I'm not going to attack you or anything, but there are plenty of people that do want Mac software on a PC, including me.

One thing I'd give macs is that they are user-friendly... idiot-user-friendly. People that know nothing about computers and who learn on macs think macs are the greatest, cause they can do anything with them. They are simple. I'm sure there are advanced options, as I can use some of them with FC3, but I still like my PC.
this is very true

Ballroomking said:
I'll be honest, I like my pc. I like the way my keyboard feels under my fingers, and my two button mouse that fits in my hand nice. I like having the start menu and accompanying little bar at the bottom (lol) that shows all my programs, and my taskbar, and the quicklaunch panel. I love being able to right click and get added options. I know that this is obviously available for macs (I hope) but... but... Jeez. I've worked on top-of-the-line macs at school, with video editing, and... it was new. I honestly had nothing to compare them too. When I got adobe premier to compare to final cut 3.0 for video editing, I would never go back to final cut.

I am new to this forum, so instead of quoting I'll state that someone said something about macs running PC programs... and my response is... Who in their right mind would WANT a mac program on their PC? Ooh Ooh! iTunes! WOOHOO! I like my winamp, and my ie, and all my other crap. I like it and that's all there is to it!

Now... let's see... I've had macs crash, and when they do I honestly don't know what to do. I was on a two monitor system and all of a sudden all this gibberish in what looked like DOS format screwed up the second display, and the first display froze up... and I was rendering a time dilation effect... that pissed me off. One thing I CAN say for macs, though, is their auto-save function is easy to use, makes crashing not-so-bad.

Oi. Yes they are ugly, but Jeez, I dunno. Alienware computers are pretty PRETTY things, and even the fastest alienware comp (rationally) costs less than the 4000$ you'd have to pay for a G5 (I'm not sure that's the pricetag so don't jump down my throat).

I'm lost, lemme recoupe.

Macs are nice. I'm looking at the mac.com store now, so I'm assuming that these prices are american (I am canadian) and I can get a bottom of the line g5 for 1999. That's w/o a monitor and with 256 megs of ram... not just the same ram, it's ddr333 ram, not even ddr400. Is the g5 1.6 ddr400 compatible? I don't even know. For that price in american I might not be able to get a comperable computer CPU-wise, but that ram is dispicable for the speed of CPU... One or the other can't overpower, it is a working relationship. Overall I'd be happier with a PC at the same cost.

One thing I'd give macs is that they are user-friendly... idiot-user-friendly. People that know nothing about computers and who learn on macs think macs are the greatest, cause they can do anything with them. They are simple. I'm sure there are advanced options, as I can use some of them with FC3, but I still like my PC.

FC3 is ages old, so you probably werent using a top of the line mac (it may have been at the time). FC4 added bunches to the old final cut, including the ability to edit video at 24fps.

Check it out: http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/
-------------------------------

The prices, I admit, are a bit steep for the G5. But, hey, for 2999$ Id like to see you build a dual proc, 64bit capable system that fast. Sure the opteron can do it, but at what price? Its derivative chip, the Athlon 64-FX, costs over 700$ PER chip and the Opteron costs over 1200$ PER chip.
(Source: Newegg.com/ Operton64 clocked at 1.8GHz)

The 1.6G5 is only DDR333 compatable and is crippled with only 4GB max RAM. It is worthless to buy if you can spend a 200$ more to get a faster, uncrippled G5. That I agree on.
----------------------------

Hmph. Im taking that as an insult, buddy. How dare you call me an idiot! Maybe you should be concentrating on the vast ocean of retards sitting in your own community. Or maybe you should just reflect on your own ignorance.

Have you ever looked inside a mac before, genius? They are computer too, numbnuts, complete with all the features your comfy little PC has. It takes all the skill to fix a Mac that it takes to fix a PC. All that makes it easier is that we don't have to worry about what manufacturer of motherboard we have or what version of drivers the videocard is running, though we all know what those are and how to fix them should the need arrise in a PC situation.

I'm not a Mac zealot, I'm an advocate against ignorance.

apokalipse said:
don't say there are no viruses for OS X?
i think this will answer that: http://www.randommaccess.com/news/1066944553.shtml

and I know the Mac's are based on unix, but you will find that making a virus for Unix will not work on Mac's OS X because it has DIFFERENT core files - I'm happy to admit that it is possible to create a virus but i'm pointing out that on a difficulty factor it would be 9.9 out of 10

I am in school, and I'm saying that the Windows machine would not run a Mac program,and here's something you should know: a Mac computer CAN run a Windows program, all you need is an emulator (Windows doesn't have one for Mac software) so whose the retard? it's not me because i research things unlike you, and that's what they teach you in school or maybe YOU didn't go!

mac_mogul did not say mac's have more software, but i dare say it is possible to own more software. go into a Mac shop and look how bare it is.... i think you'll find that it isn't bare at all, we all see that you only used a comparision. you can have as many pieces of software as you want on your computer, i think he's saying if you have all that software your computer will be really slow and crash often, or that people just don't need or bother with getting all the software.

1) ok, you can quote some random mac site all you want there is alot of misinformation out there on the web, but ill never believe that there is an OS that a virus CANNOT be created for, im sorry, its total BS, there is no such thing as a "perfect" OS, as long as there are people that create the OS, it will be flawed as people are flawed and cant help it

2) what is the point of haveing this "stable, virus free" computer that cant do anything, thats like having a car that has the best crash-saftey rating, and a motor in it that would make it go 300 miles an hour, but no wheels on it, all you can do on a mac is graphics and old games (as games dont even come out for macs until weeks, sometimes months later)

3) you dont need a Mac emulator for windows, why would you want to run Mac software on a windows box when you can just go to the store and buy the same software that is built for windows and it will run faster as a native program? Macs need an emulator because they dont have as much software as a windows machine does, but running windows software on a mac, really slows it down, as you are basically running WINXP in addition to your Mac OS

4) how is it possible to own more software for a mac than a pc? honestly tell me what you guys point is here, cuz i just dont get it, if there is less software that is available, and it costs more (which it does) how is it that you can sit there and argue that you can own more overpirced, unavailable software? and i can have thousands of pieces of software on my computer, and it is fast as hell, and never crashes, i honestly have only crashed WINXP PRO about twice in the last 2 years, and 1 of those it didnt even have to reboot, it just closed all of my programs and went back to my desktop, i have a P4C @ 2.8GHz with 2GB of PC2700DDR and a 100GB 7200RPM western digital SATA HDD, and a 20GB maxtor with my OS on it, so i dont have any trouble with storing or running programs

apokalipse said:
no, i said that about a Windows machine to show you how your statement sounded to me!
I didn't call you a noob, i said the statement you gave was wrong, and you're calling me immature because I said a similar statement you did?
don't expect me to believe it still

i looked at a pc and it crashed. right...well thats about as mature as...well whatever. its stupid. i didnt look at the macs, i tried operating them and they crashed. thats not even close to yuor statement.

I honestly dont care if u believe me or not...im not here to prove stuff to you. i dont know why your going out of your way to prove me wrong in a situation that you are thousands of miles away from...but have fun with that :p

in 2 days i will be using linux, so ill be stress free :D

now I didn't even try to say that it wasn't POSSIBLE to create a virus for OS X i did mention it would be extremely difficult, emails are put into a completely seperate part of the Hard Drive

Mac's can't do anything? I'll tell you what, the Mac's have sooooo many really good pieces of software (graphics are one of it's biggest), and on top of that it CAN run Windows programs (mind you most people who own a Mac don't)

I'm gonna tell you this, there are a lot of people who prefer Mac software, My dad's friend Aiden is one, and I would love to be able to use Itunes and some of their graphics software on my PC but noooo, that's not possible on a PC

what do you mean how is it possible to own more software? I mean if somebody on a Windows computer might have 10 pieces of software, somebody with a Mac might have 20 or 25
now tell me it isn't possible

now, the statement "I looked at a PC and it crashed" was an EXAMPLE, JUST READ IT!!! I said "any idiot could have made up a story like that" then i put it in as an example. now who is immature? not me!

mac or pc?

I work for the department of health laboratories in NYC.
We run the biggest and most modern anti terrorist and chemical lab known, all the bad stuff goes here for testing and antidote.
We also run the only poison control center in the world. We log calls from all hospitals around the globe. So we need a stable 24-hour network system. That will never shut down. The computer of choice has been the PC with windows 2k. Is this reliable enough? I think so!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom