3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyeightballa

Baseband Member
1. If I have a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice, do I need a special Windows edition? If i do, should I get Edition1 (about $155) or Edition 3 (about $455)? Please give reasons for your answer.

2. If I have this stuff,

(
-DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D MOBO
-eVGA Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 Video Card
-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB
-TwinMOS 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered
-Seagate Barracuda 120GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive
-NEC ND-3520A Black IDE DVD Burner
)

and I plan to OC a little bit, not a lot, how many fans will I need (and what size) and will this case be good enough for the job?

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811105115

3. Will this PSU be good enough for my system?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104154

1.) you don't need anything special, all you gotta do is flash the bios of your mobo (visit www.dfi-street.com and ask them, it's really easy) for your mobo to recognize Rev.E cpus (venice)

Just get windows XP home

2.)stock HSF is good enough and you don't need any more case fans, but if you want an alternative HSF, then get a tube of arctic silver 5 along with a xalman 7700-cu

3.) yes it's enough, although a 500W would be safer in case you upgrade again (i have a 480 and it's working fine, so 450 should be fine too, your system probably uses up 350 or so)

No special edition of windows...what are the different editions for again?

1 good CPU fan, maybe 1/2 good case fans...How much is a little bit? Cauze w/ a venice you can over clock to 3.0 (1 ghz) on air, depending on the chip. Case should be fine, dunno how much a case affects overclocking.

That PSU should be fine.

wut i meant about the case is if it will be good enough for adding fans if i need them

i actually have another (noob) question...

4. My computer wont have any problems hookin up to the Internet will it?

since i dont need a special kind of Windows, which one should i get...xp/2000, home/pro???

if you dont need a special windows, wuts the purpose of Windows 64 BIT Edition then?

don't use 64bit, it's just a new version that utilizes the 64bit potential of ur cpu

it's still new and there's only beta drivers and stuff

none of the games are coded at 64bit yet

get XP home

btw, all you gotta do is plug the internet RJ45 jack into the computer and it just connects itself, there's no setup work

also, you don't need case fans, if you're gonna get fans, get a HSF for your cpu (such as 7700cu)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom