would these be any good to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those PC3200s will get up to that DDR550 speeds as well.

G.Skills can generally hit a minimum of 275 if not closer to 300

They won't come out of the box at DDR500 likes been said, but they will run up there, but first you'll have to get your CPU there unless you lowered your multi to just match 275xwhatever = stock speed

well you're gonna need a good psu as chris said

somewhere along the lines of a OCZ powerstream 450W (cheapest option, but it's really good) if you don't have a power hungry gfx card

1.) silent purepower doesn't even give power close to what you need
2.) you need a 24pin psu

you're gonna have to get an OCZ modstream, or powerstream to be safe

This is another widely debated topic. Theres a lot of people using 20pin PSU's in the DFI boards that require 24 pins....I figure as long as you aren't running SLI'd GPUs and things like that itll be fine. Dude at Xtremesystem Oppainter I believe it is has a 3GHz overclock, 6800Ultra and crap like that and runs with a 20pin PSU, but yeah an adapter would work.

If you don't know how to change the multiplier Grim, you REALLY need to read more up on overclocking and get familiar with your BIOS before you go buying expensive ass RAM, a whole new setup, and expecting to OC like nothing.

AMD64's are slightly more complicated than Socket A systems when it comes to overclocking and the thing that is the most annoying on these forums is when people ask questions about overclocking that are really easily answered by the most basic of common sense and guidelines of overclocking.....most of those time those people just dive in without truly reading what it's all about and what's involved.

Time and time again I've seen questions about voltages and stability and just otherwise really simplistic questions that wouldn't even needed to be asked had they done reading and research.

Anywho, sorry for the rant :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom