Quick questions on CPU-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
1. Can you change any hardware settings from it? Or is it just a viewer program?
2. Is it normal for my clock speed and voltage to fluctuate slightly?

It's a viewer program

Your clock speed may be marginally different. For instance, I have a 2.0 newcastle, and CPUz says it's a 199.9 (x10)

I never expected the clock speed to be exact. In fact I knew it wasn't exactly 3.0 (it's 3.01), even windows tells me that. My question was is it normal for the speed to fluctuate, meaning that while I am looking at the window, my Vcore was changing within the range of 1.2 to 1.4ish, and my Clock speed was changing slightly as well. Is that normal?

how slightly?

vcore changing from 1.2 to 1.4?? that's big leap

and what are you running? 1.2Vcore is like impossible to reach

you might have auto OC enabled on your mobo?

Its a 530 Prescott. My modo does have some performance featues though. Lemme reboot and see what is going on.

It is normal for clock frequencies to fluctuate a few hertz back and forth. Your processor can't possibly process the exact same number of instructions each second, so CPU-Z reads out the exact current speed of the processor.

Voltage depends entirely on the stability of your rails on your PSU, if it's fluctuating around 0.01v I wouldn't concern yourself much.

gaara, it is fluctuating anywhare from low 1.2s to as high as 1.6s, though mostly it is in the 1.3s. I certainly hope this is normal, I have a 480 Thermaltake Purepower PSU that is quite new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom