More Cooling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

Baseband Member
Hey, I've got a Vantec Stealth 80mm fan for my intake and I've got a Vantec HDD Cooler. These seem good enough but according to ASUS Probe my average temperature seems to stay around 38-41 C. If I got an extra fan or two would it be worth it? And how would I rig it up? Currently my intake fan is at the rear under the PSU, and I'd like more fan power back there to keep my CPU cooler. Any ideas on where/how I should position any additional fans? Thanks in advance.

By the way, my CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 3500+, and the CPU fan seems to make quite a lot of noise, anyone else get that?

This was supposed to go on the Overclocking/Modding Board...sorry

Oh man, the more fans the better. Anywhere you can put a fan, you should put one. But start on the back. Have at least two exhaust fans on the back. Have your intakes on the front. Put only intakes in the front of your case, make every other fan an exhaust. Except of course your cpu fan, and your gpu fan, dont touch those one. The more fans you got, the cooler your system will run, and the more stable and aweomse it will run.

Alright, well I've decided I'm going to be adding a new side panel fan, probably a 120mm. Since I'm kind of in the in between stages of gettings my rig game worthy, I've only got one intake fan and it's at the back and I'm using my PSU as an exhaust. Considering the intake is RIGHT under the PSU and my CPU is right there is well, there is a constant flow of air coming in and then circulating passed the CPU and out the exhaust. If I add the new 120mm side panel fan, would it be smarter to just reverse the 80mm and use it as an exhaust as well? If I didn't would the excess air pressure be a problem? And would drilling some extra blow holes in the panels help at all? Thanks.

Currently I have six thinking about modding it to about 10 or so all blue and Red. when I say I have six - ten those are my system fans not my CPU fan or GPU fan or northbridge fan. I'm thinking about getting a another cheap cheap fan for my CPU and have it funneling by taking out the blades.

Like I said before, put a fan at the front of the computer. Dont put it on the side, you need an intake on the front and exhaust in the rear. Once you place fans in those spots, you can start putting fans elsewhere. Air comming in the front, blowing over everything, and being sucked out the rear. A constant air flow.

I prefer to have side as intake as well as front.

And top and back go to exaust :) Bottom can be exaust too, or it could also be sucky sucky erm intake.

DJ-CHRIS said:
I prefer to have side as intake as well as front.

And top and back go to exaust :)

That's how i alway's set mine up too,With the warmer weather we are starting to get i have to get cracking and get some good fan's,Right now i only have 4 80mm's but i plan on switching my front to a 120mm and cutting the top of my case to add another 120mm,Bryan and DJ-CHRIS if you are looking for some cheap fan's and that since you are in canada try out www.adpmods.com they even ship C.O.D :D

Nice, Him I would take your advice and put a fan in front as well but there isn't exactly any room on my front panel for a fan...could I possibly put a fan in my bays under my dvd writer? Other than doing that the only real place I could rig up a fan would be to stick it on the side panel for now.

I don't know if it's just my case or not but I don't have much room for fans unless they're going to be on the side panels. Sticking one under my disc drives would be great if I could but I don't know how I'd rig that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom